SPY Radar Systems Controller (RSC) Trainer
||Full Time Contract
|Length of Contract
SPY Radar Systems Controller (RSC) Trainer for BMD Platform or Baseline 6 Platform, Aegis Training and Readiness Center, DAHLGREN VA
Develops, organizes, and conducts training and educational programs for Fleet Fire Control personnel (Fleet RSC’s) and the supporting BMD capable SPY Radar System and Legacy Baseline 6, Aegis Training and Readiness Center in Dahlgren, Virginia. Training program requires ability to conduct traditional classroom instruction, support maintenance training and operate the AEGIS RSC console for support of laboratory scenarios.
- Develops, tests, maintains, and delivers moderately complex training programs and related materials in support of customer training objectives specifically technical systems training for the RSC and supporting SPY radar system.
- Reviews and analyzes the AEGIS SPY-1 Radar Capabilities and Limitations in relation to tactical doctrine to optimize the application of the AEGIS Combat System in the dynamic tactical environment.
- Establishes and reviews course content and objectives.
- Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
- Maintains records of training activities; participant progress; and program effectiveness.
- Updates course documentation on a regular basis to ensure timeliness and relevance
- May provide work leadership for lower level employees, including evaluating the effectiveness of their training presentations and programs.
- Conducts research into new training, educational, and multimedia technologies.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work/military experience.
- Relevant military experience totaling at least five (5) years of experience and training in the following NECs: 1093, 1107, 1111, 1113, 1119, 1337, 1387, 1388
MINIMUM SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- REQUIRED: AEGIS BMD equipped ship experience or Baseline 6 experience as Fleet Radar Systems Controller (RSC)
- 8 years of experience with Aegis Weapons System and Combat Systems.
- Five (5) years of Fleet-shipboard operational experience as Radar System Controller (RSC) on BMD capable Platform or alternatively Baseline 6 Platform.
- 1-4 Years’ experience as CSTT technical and tactical member in support of RSC watch station and SPY radar system.
- Desired: Navy Instructor NEC 9502 – Two (2) years of experience as an instructor in a Navy Training Environment.
- Experience as a trainer/instructor in support of CSCS/ATRC/TACTRAGRU is a significant plus.
- Must be able to support training with extended periods on your feet while instructing.
- Hold Current Secret Clearance or able to obtain Secret Clearance.
- Location: Dahlgren, VA
- Travel may be up required to 10 % of time.