Navy Aegis Computer Network Technician (ACNT) Trainer, Baseline 7, Baseline 8 or Baseline 9
||Full Time Contract
|Length of Contract
Develops, organizes, and conducts training and educational programs for Baseline 7, Baseline 8, or Baseline 9 Navy Aegis Computer Network Technician (ACNT) to fleet Sailors at Aegis Training and Readiness Center in Dahlgren, Virginia.
- Develops, organizes, and conducts class room training and labs for Fleet ACNT ‘s on Baseline 7, 8, or 9 Aegis supporting maintenance and operation of Aegis computer network.
- Develops, tests, maintains, and delivers training programs and related materials in support of CSCS / ATRC training objectives.
- Establishes and reviews course content and objectives.
- Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
- Maintains records of training activities; participant progress; and program effectiveness.
- Updates course documentation on a regular basis to ensure timeliness and relevance
- May provide work leadership for lower level employees, including evaluating the effectiveness of their training presentations and programs.
- Conducts research into new training, educational, and multimedia technologies.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work/military experience.
- Relevant military experience totaling at least five (5) years of experience and training in the following NECs: FC 1345, 1365, 1375, 1385 or 1386, 1395.
MINIMUM SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- REQUIRED: three (3) to five (5) years of experience with the Aegis Computer Network /Aegis Weapons System as either a maintenance technician or operator with responsibility for teaching the applicable system or function task to others in an apprentice level training environment.
- 1-2 Years’ experience as CSTT technical and tactical member in support of ACNT.
- Desired: Navy Instructor NEC 9502 – One (1) years of experience as an instructor in a Navy Training Environment, to include curriculum maintenance, writing learning objectives, preparing test items, evaluating instructional materials and the results of instruction and counseling students on academic learning problems.
- Linux Red Hat experience required
- Experience as a trainer/instructor in support of CSCS/ATRC/TACTRAGRU is a significant plus.
- Must be able to support training with extended periods on your feet while instructing.
- Hold Current Secret Clearance or able to obtain Secret Clearance.
- Location: Dahlgren, VA
- Travel may be up required to 25 % of time.
- Must in physical condition to support embarkation on U.S. Navy ship underway in support of 8-12 hour work day.