Aegis Weapons Systems Trainer, Aegis Training and Readiness – Center for Surface Combat Systems – Dahlgren VA
Develops; organizes; and conducts training and educational programs for Fleet sailors in support of Aegis Training and Readiness Center in Dahlgren Virginia. Training program requires ability to conduct traditional classroom instruction and support maintenance training to the officer level; as well as training on the operational employment of Aegis Combat System specifically the Aegis Weapons System (AWS).
- Provides dynamic teaching & training as well as assessment that require intermediate knowledge of U.S. Navy Combat Systems Capabilities and Limitations to the element level.
- Develops, tests, maintains, and delivers training programs and related materials in support of CSCS / ATRC training objectives.
- Reviews and analyzes U.S. Navy Combat System Engineering Capabilities and Limitations and U.S. Navy Operational and Tactical Doctrine and integrates and conceptualizes the execution of Doctrine optimizing the application of ship’s Combat Systems capabilities and limitation.
- Conducts dynamic assessment of the sailors’ abilities to comply with approved maintenance and operational procedures and thereafter provides formal appraisal of performance with recommendations for improvement and methods to maintain technical and tactical proficiency.
- Prepares, reviews, and customizes curriculum lesson plans and instructor guide in support of traditional classroom teaching.
- Documents the training conducted with specifics of the individual areas / watch station and is responsible for generation of a formal assessment of measure of success via written report.
- Establishes and reviews course content and objectives.
- Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
- Maintains records of training activities; participant progress; and program effectiveness.
- Updates course documentation on a regular basis to ensure timeliness and relevance
- May provide work leadership for lower level employees, including evaluating the effectiveness of their training presentations and programs.
- Conducts research into new training, educational, and multimedia technologies.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or Navy Aegis work/military experience totaling at least three (3) years.
Minimum Skill Requirements:
- REQUIRED: Five (5) years of directly related experience on the Aegis Weapons System as either a maintenance technician supervisor or operator supervisor with responsibility for teaching the applicable system or function task to others in a journeyman level training environment.
- 1-2 Years’ experience as CSTT technical and tactical member in support of AWS.
- Desired: Navy Instructor NEC 9502 – One (1) years of experience as an instructor in a Navy Training Environment, to include curriculum maintenance, writing learning objectives, preparing test items, evaluating instructional materials and the results of instruction and counseling students on academic learning problems.
- Experience as a trainer/instructor in support of CSCS/ATRC/TACTRAGRU is a significant plus.
- Must be able to support training with extended periods on your feet while instructing.
- Hold Current Secret Clearance or able to obtain Secret Clearance.
- Location: Dahlgren, VA
- Travel may be up required to 10 % of time.